We close on our old house on December 12th.
We close on our new house on December 28th with a move-in date of sometime that first week of January.
Once again, thank the heavens above for friends!
Since I can't imagine imposing on my parents' home and sanity for an entire month, we will be moving out of our house on December 8th into the vacant house of our very good friends who just moved a month ago, and have not put their old house on the market yet. We will stay there for a week, and then pack up the ol' family van and journey to the Rockies for yet another beautiful Christmas in the mountains.
The kids are praying for snow.
Yikes.
Then, we journey back.... either to close on the new digs and spend another week or two in our temporary housing, or we close "remotely", stretch my parents' sanity, and zoom home in time to move.
Depends on the supply of kahlua up north.
:)
Sure, it would be super sweet if we could move into our new home right away, dumping our boxes and furniture and then heading out to a picturesque Christmas elsewhere. But that's not how it's going to be. That's not in God's plan this time around.
And since He's done a fantastic job on this whole transaction thus far, I think I should trust 'em on these little details.
And keep the Pinot stocked.
4 comments:
Lucky for you, my new place of employment is FAMOUS for its Pinot. Did I mention my fatty employee discount? :)
WOW - sounds like things will be very busy. Trusting sounds like the best (only) plan.
Prayers of sanity ...
I'm sure it will work out just the way it's supposed to, and will pray for you! And I love how you refer to your Christmas destination (if it is where I recall it being) as "up north." :-D
You must be so excited! :-)
Geez, it is cruel to refer to Kahlua and Pinot in one post when a largely pregnant woman is reading. Have some extra for me please.
Sounds like a crazy month, but I'm sure things will be for the best or as best as you can make them.
Post a Comment