Besides the usual house-rules of no jumping on the couches or throwing knives, we have a few rules that are unique to our home alone.
And so.
To any visitors, young or old, that may dare to venture inside the confines of the Nut House, here a few extra rules you must keep in mind:
1. No singing at the table during meals.
2. No singing songs with your sibling(s) name(s) incorporated into it in any way, at anytime.
3. Swords-on-swords, no swords-on-people.
4. You may only shoot people who are armed, or agree to be hunted.
5. If you do not want to be chased, stop running.
6. No climbing up the walls, you are not Spiderman.
7. No socks outside, unless you also have shoes on.
8. Shoes or barefeet only when going outside.
9. If you're going to jump off the top bunk, make sure there is sufficient padding on the floor.
10. You may interrupt Mama only if there is blood. Otherwise, wait until she is off the phone.
And I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.
I have to go wipe some footprints off the wall.
:)
7 comments:
I love #9! I especially love the fact that it doesn't say. "No jumping off the top bunk." Rather, it enlists reasonable safety measures so that the kids can have their fun, legally! ... And THAT (among many other things) is what makes you guys cool parents!
Our "no songing at the table" rule is closely followed by the "You MUST be wearing some kind of shirt" corollary. Don't ask - it ain't pretty here at The HomeFront :)
And of course I meant "singing" not "songing" - I blame all my errors on the offspring-induced loss of brain cells :)
My boys are older, and STILL have not learned #10. Many times I find myself locked in my closet or bathroom just to be able to talk =))
funny list.
I think that my favorite is the "no shooting those not armed or agree to be hunted". That would solve a significant portion of our issues around here!
All right I'm coming out of hiding and into the blogosphere...you Nutmeg are to blame!!! I have invoked ALL of these rules at some time or other. How like-minded we are (must have been that roommate yr)! You-know-who said about the rules for our kids, "Yah but they don't seem to work around here."
Hey Noranuge!!
Great to see ya. I usually have the pleasure of reading your hubby's comments (not related to Ted... right?) over at Godsbody.
I'm a lurker over there, so don't feel bad about lurking over here.
:)
Post a Comment