Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Good-bye March, hello sports!

Life in a Nutshell
Well, I made it through March...how'd y'all do?

I find that for some reason, March is my hardest month. Maybe it's Lent, maybe it's the expectation of Spring, maybe it's 31 long days before April.

I usually go into hibernation for awhile. My mood seems "off", my friendships are all going to pot, and even DH annoys me. But, I keep it to myself... :) Because I know it's me! And why bug others with my own bad mood? And so now it's April. AHHHHHH

<relief>

Sunday was my soccer game. 92 degrees, and very sunny...but thank goodness for the wind. Our team really played well. I think we are starting to finally play together. A few funny asides..... the majority of the team is Hispanic, including the coach. He yells at everyone in Spanish, including me. :) The game was very exciting, and I was able to tie the game with 30 seconds left. I remember now why I love the game of soccer so much....

Things on the home front have been crazy, but good. DS#1 started soccer 2 weeks ago and has his first game this Saturday. Like his Dad, I think he is destined to play goal. Luckily, they will also play him out, so maybe he'll be a forward like his Mama. :)

DS#2 and DD#1 started T-ball last Friday, with DH coaching. DS#1 is the most experienced and DD#1 the least. It's a relatively new team this year, with many new kids. DH is sooo patient! And the kiddos are just adorable at this age.....

So, we are a "sports family" right now. I'm glad that DH and I are like-minded in that area. My Dad was a high school coach--soccer, basketball and softball (girls). And so I am used to being involved in these activites. It's great for the kids and fun to get together with the other families and chat and watch the kids play.

Spring in Texas! Yay!

No comments: