Life in a Nutshell
As I write this, my kiddos are watching CCC's version of David and Goliath. It is a fairly harmless animated version, but with a drunken enraged king who wishes to kill the little hero David. It is for this reason that DS#1 refuses to watch it. DD#2, however, loves it, and it is she who has chosen it for their afternoon viewing pleasure.
The story in the New Catholic Picture Bible is still one of the boys' favorites. As a young girl, I don't ever remember the part where David chops off Goliath's head. Yet, that is my boys' favorite part. And so I am required to read that sentence over and over again.
"David took the giant's sword and cut off his head."
Gotta love those boys. May they have as much courage to slay the evil in this world.........
No comments:
Post a Comment