Life in a Nutshell
Last night I took the 4 older kids to The Hilton Suites hotel downtown to visit a very dear friend of mine who was in town for her mother-in-law's wedding. Jenn is married with 3 adorable girls, and very pregnant with their first boy! It was wonderful to see them and to meet their extended family. Jenn and I have been friends for a long time...we met when we were just 9 years old! We went to college together, roommates for the first two years. As sometimes happens with close friends, some personality conflicts developed and we drifted apart. That, and I didn't get along with her then boyfriend..... But, old friendships die hard. Out of all of my friends from college, I keep in touch with her the most. Our ties go way back before even high school, and since our parents were both involved in the same Catholic community that made life in public school almost unbearable, we share a unique history. A lot of the same stories, a lot of the same laughs, and a lot of the same struggles. Awesome to see her again.
I took the kids because they were having a pool party, and since it was raining, I thought an indoor swim-fest would be ideal. The kids had a blast. All 4 are pretty independent in the water (although DD#2, at age 3, should not be...). So, with DD#2 in a lifejacket, it was relatively easy for me. We had pizza, soaked in the hot tub (even the kids...for a bit) and chatted. Because of the wedding, there were a ton of other people Jenn had to visit with too, so as we moms are used to, our chatting was just snatches here and there as I looked after my kids, and she took pictures and visited with relatives.
At 8:15, I dragged my kids away from the pool, dried them off, and piled them into the van. They were exhausted when we got home. No complaints as we plopped them into bed....and no extra requests for band-aids from DD#2!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment