Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One More Life

A wave of nausea washes over me and I grip the edge of the kitchen counter. Children and chaos swirl around me as I struggle to maintain my composure while giving voice to restore order. No matter that I have tried to explain to my older children a thousand times before, no matter that they themselves have just recently recovered from the stomach flu and should be able to sympathize a bit.

No matter.

Being infertile for 6 years has afforded me an excuse of amnesia. I have simply forgotten. Forgotten what it is like to be 2 months pregnant. Forgotten the nausea and fatigue. Add to that a houseful of children and the duties of homeschooling, and you end up with one bewildered and exhausted Mama.

But I wouldn’t change it for anything.



Read the rest here.



2 comments:

E Caughron said...

Um, so "happy" to hear that you are feeling unwell. I have been without a computer and was checking in for an update on things. You are in my prayers.

Suzanne Di Silvestri said...

Many congratulations, Nutmeg! I will pray for a healthy pregnancy.