Monday, January 12, 2009

Perspective

Something I need to keep at the forefront of my mind:

The money I received when I returned a dress to TJMaxx just because I decided that I didn't really want it, after all.... pays for two months worth of my promised donation for diapers for a young woman who chose not to abort, and has no steady income.

Two months.

This is not a "pat myself on the back" post. (because, really, my donation is a very small part of the larger effort in motion to help this woman) But a real reminder for me that what I may deem a necessity in this consumeristic culture, is a very real luxury for most folks, and I need to keep those situations in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

And, looking at things quite frankly, it's probably a luxury for my family too.

I need to be a better steward of our blessings.

Yet another resolution for me to work on!

:)

3 comments:

momto5minnies said...

ABSOLUTELY something my family needs to work on to. It really is amazing how many "things" we have.

Nikki said...

Thank you for this reminder today. Great post!

Emily said...

Ditto re: reminder. I always need reminded of this. Especially on days when I am tempted to book buy.