Outside my window... Another coolish Texas morning. It's 76 now, and will only reach 90 today. Yes, I said "only".
Towards a daily rhythm... The school days are finding their groove. Planning the kids' schedules the night before is invaluable. Having it already planned out on my computer is a god-send. We are really enjoying this program.
I am thankful... For my husband. I have (once again) bitten off more than I can chew, and he has come to my rescue so many times the past two weeks.
From the kitchen... Egg rolls are finished. I have a fruit trifle to make and mojitos to mix up. Our first book club meeting is at our house tonight. Care to join?
To live the liturgy... Trying to keep going with daily saint readings and our weekly installment of My Path to Heaven. Sometimes God gets lost in the ultra-organizing. I need to realize that He alone will get us through this school year.
I am wearing... Black addidas soccer shorts, black v-neck t-shirt, black crocs. Hair in ponytail, black-rimmed glasses on. It's a work day today!
I am creating... Beauty and order. I hope. And a peaceful home filled with love and learning.
I am going to breathe deeply... And try really hard not to get irritated today. With the amount I have to accomplish, impatience and sarcasm will be easily accessible.
Bringing beauty to my home... Flowers and clean floors, an organized school room. This all needed to be done after two weeks of "back-to-school" frenzy. Let's see how long it lasts.
I am reading... Brideshead Revisited. For book club tonight. 30 pages left!
I am hoping... The house stays clean. Ha ha.
Around the house... The children have hit the books. They are getting much better about working independently. A struggle for homeschoolers I think.
One of my favorite things... My cup of iced coffee while I spend time in the classroom with the kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week... Soccer practices and a boy scout meeting, a doctor appointment (just a check-up) and rec center gym class for the kids. The little girl's Montessori class and maybe a pool party later this week.
A picture thought I am sharing... Taken from last month when we got to babysit this little cutie for the day. Wouldn't a newborn look great in my new kitchen?
:)

3 comments:
Can you send over a virtual Mojito? Sounds good. Happy Monday!
LOL I stole this too and started my entry EXACTLY the same way--stole this from Elizabeth :)
Is your iced coffee homemade? Please post your recipe! Loving the Sarah Palin thoughts.
Post a Comment