Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sweetness

It is so nice to feel appreciated, especially when you feel like you need a good lecture.

Last night I made yet another last minute trip to the grocery store in order to make sure I had everything I needed for our little dinner tonight.

And guess what.

Yep, I forgot something.

Something really essential.

Purina One Adult Cat Food (urinary tract health formula)

See, I had emptied out the rest of the previous bag into the cat's dish and was confident that I would just pick up another bag at the store...

And completely forgot.

I was reminded of my negligence at 5am when Ben (our cat) started meowing incessantly. I "fluffed" his food (the little left) and grimaced. And when I finally rolled out of bed at 8:30 this morning, Little Boo tells me that we need to get more cat food, because we don't want Ben to die. Animals die when they don't eat, she informs me.

I humbly begged DH to make a run to the store before he goes to work so I can do school and prepare the house and the food for our dinner, knowing that if I take time out to go to the store, we will be behind at least an hour.

Not only did he go without complaint, but he brought back a delectable muffin for me from the bakery there.

Now Ben and I can munch happily, knowing that we are loved.

:)

No comments: