And I mean that literally.
February is always a difficult month for me, and it is highly beneficial that it is the month that begins Lent. It puts my moodiness and irritability in perspective, it forces me to come out of myself and look to others' needs even more.
But March brings with it the promise and (here in the balmy south) fulfillment, of Spring.
Even my Magnificat is ripe with hope this month:
Here's what to give up this Lent: the doubt that goes, "I can never get closer to God because I'm too sinful, too flawed, too weak." Lent is not about lamenting our inadequacy. Rather, it is a graced moment to receive from God what He is eager to give us so that we can live the friendship with Him that He
desires.
And my calendar? Filled with visits from friends and family... guaranteed to keep me true to part of my Lenten resolve (of cleanliness) while Marching me through to the glories of Easter Sunday...
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment