Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Many Thanks For the Eye Opener...

... to the older woman at the local health food store who attempted to snatch a plastic bottle of homeopathic children's decongestant tablets from Little Love (who was situated right in front of me at the time) ~ and when I assured this lovely woman that I had it, I could handle it, snapped back at me: "please do!"

Dear Lady, know that I no longer view your health food store as family friendly, will no longer subject myself or my children to your nasty looks or snappy comments.

And you lost out big time on the purchase I would have made had your attitude been a tad bit more understanding.


Seriously, folks, if Little Love had managed to break a plastic bottle on their carpeted floor, I would have paid for it.

Should I have asked for a straight jacket upon entering the store?

I seriously hope and pray this woman does not have grandchildren...

Why does this stuff get me so unbelievably angry?!?

4 comments:

Phil Halpin said...

Oh, Nutmeg...I feel for you! That's just too bad that she was so nasty...sounds like one of those women who sees children coming and just immediately tenses up. Don't feel bad about being angry; I get that way too!

Erin Manning said...

Have you thought about contacting the store's management?

I didn't used to do such things, but then one day a woman checking us out at a grocery store in the tiny town we lived in at the time said some really, really nasty things about and to my kids, who were sitting in the cart doing absolutely nothing.

I went home. I seethed. I called the store manager--who was as horrified as I was, apologized profusely, said the cashier in question needed to be pulled off cashier duty and retrained, and promised to take care of things.

You might consider letting the management know that this employee lost them some business.

Erin said...

Yes, I agree with red cardigan. (And with Michelle, as well, while I'm agreeing! Some people just do the "knee-jerk" reaction thing...emphasis on the "jerk"...)

:)

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Definitely call and let them know about the situation! (Once you have calmed down.) My dad was the manager of a store for many years and he always wanted to know about this kind of thing. If the manager doesn't care, ask who his boss is and get a phone number!

Conversely, I would also encourage people to call when an employee has been particularly child friendly. It totally makes their day!