I plan on calling The Catholic Bookstore and seeing if they can ship me an advent wreath and candles. (my definition of planning ahead...)
No, I've never actually bought an Advent wreath.
Every year I say "THIS is the year!"
And every year, I scrounge for some sort of candle holders and different sized candles, throw them on a tray and declare that it will "do" for this year...
But next year will be different!
For other awesome ideas go to Studeo. I especially like the "place some straw in Baby Jesus' manger each time you do a good deed" idea. (Anyone know where I can have one sent to me?)
;)
2 comments:
You can make a manger for Jesus with popsicle sticks and brown paint. That is what my family uses. We use yellow yarn for the straw. This year we are going to do a prayer service on Christmas Eve and actually place the baby Jesus in the manger. Some friends gave us the prayers.
Before we had the beautiful wooden creche we have now, I gave the kids a shoe box and some glittery paper/artsy craftsy decoration type stuff and let them make a creche for baby Jesus. They enjoyed it, and I saved some money that year. IT was a little "glitzy" for baby Jesus...not at all the rough manger he was really laid in, :) but they had a good time with it. We use raffia "straw" for every good deed or sacrifice we do during Advent, then place the creche under the tree on Christmas Eve and wake up to baby Jesus inside the next morning. Very concrete Advent thing...we love it!
Enjoying your blog,
Michelle H.
Post a Comment