No. Not my brain or my car keys.
Well, not yet today, anyway.
Just me. And my entire family.
How in the world did we end up down here in Texas for the past ten years????
Yes, I do actually know how we got here, DH's schooling and all. But we are not doing such a great job acclimating.
Shall I explain?
1. We loooooove hockey.
2. We do NOT like football.
3. The Hockey team we all follow is a Canadian one for heaven's sake, the Vancouver Canucks.
4. NOT the Dallas Stars, which makes us even weirder.
5. DS #1's life dream is to run the Iditarod race.
6. He loves dogs.
7. He even made his own sled.
8. Unfortunately, the part of Texas we reside in rarely, if ever, gets the main ingredient needed for such a dream.
9. SNOW.
10. DS #1 had to fill in his religion workbook what his favorite 'smell' was (talking about how we use our 5 senses for God's glory...)
11. Answer? "The smell of smoke on a cold night."
12. ??????
On the other hand, we seem to be acclimating to the weather. DD #1 declared it was "freezing" today, when it is actually supposed to be 77. And while we may be wimps when it comes to cold, we can handle the heat quite well.
Maybe God does know what He's doing.
:)
4 comments:
That last comment would have been a little much to explain to DS #1.
:)
I am very glad that you are in this part of the world and I know a few others who are as well! As for the Iditarod...if Jamaica can have a bobsled team...why not?
Oh, CMW, thou knowest not the wrath of Margery Glickman and the Sled Dog Action Coalition. (their dissertation was the first comment I deleted)
Visit them at http://www.helpsleddogs.org
I hope all this abuse of sled dogs isn't true, God forbid. But I think the lesson I learned today is to never ever link to "Iditarod" on my blog.
;)
Wow! You are right, I had no idea! Will keep that in mind for future reference.
Post a Comment