Things in the nut-house are nutty as we
Some observations from the past few days:
1. Went to confession Saturday afternoon, and, I'm hoping it was the language barrier thingy... But I have never ever, after pouring out my soul to a priest have him tell me that Jesus was telling me to "just... stop it."
Wow.
Ouch.
2. That evening I went to Tom Pouce, to obtain yummy B & J ice cream treats for DH and I. Again with the language barrier thing.... The checker told the man in front of me to "have a nice time tonight" which I thought was entirely appropriate since he was juggling two dozen roses in beautiful vases. I thought he had maybe told the woman he was going to a party or something. But after ringing up my two pints of ice cream, she smiled, told me to "have a nice time tonight", and... enjoy my ice cream! I smiled, thanked her, and wondered why she didn't mention the potatoes I bought, or what she would have said if I had bought a pregnancy test or womanly unmentionables???
The possibilities are endless.
3. You just know you were meant to be together when your DH can't believe what he is hearing when DD #2 explains what Mama just pulled out of her bum. (I'll spare you the details...file it under what-every-new-mom-doesn't-want-to-know about the job description in her newly acquired job) DH just turned to me in amazement, and I made some snarky remark about it not being the highlight of my day. He said he couldn't imagine anything else being more memorable. To which I responded that we do have a sorry existence indeed... look at what highlights our day!
We both busted out laughing, and I couldn't get control of myself for a whole 5 minutes.
4. Cut everyone's hair, including my own. Which I also highlighted. Pictures soon.
;)
2 comments:
"Just...stop it."
Yeah, if only it were that easy...
I once had a priest tell me he had no idea what God was going to do with me for I was so awful! And I didn't even kill anyone! Honestly though, I prefer that kind of a slap in the face once in a while over the usual "Oh, God loves you, you haven't done anything too bad. It's wholly understandable if you miss Mass because you would have to take all the kids without your husband. Don't be so hard on yourself." Aaak.
Michelle...I agree. I'd rather the fire and brimstone, but I think this Hispanic priest didn't really know what to do with me.
Faith...you haven't seen my hair yet. Or anyone else's for that matter.
;P
Post a Comment