Monday, April 15, 2013

The "Others"

Who else misses LOST??? (sorry, but with that title, I couldn't help myself...)

Since I've updated y'all about the top half of our family, it's time for the bottom half.

I promise it's the cuter half.

See?
















But that's cheating... we really need to start with Little Boo.

Little Boo is 10. 10 going on... approximately... 83. She continues her streak of being bossy and OCD about cleanliness. She still hauls Little Dude around, giving him tubs and changing his diaper like a pro. She is, by turns, the most maddening and hilarious child I have ever met.

She is, in short, a roller-coaster ride.

















Her soccer playing continues with a vengeance. Action Man wondered aloud the other day if her season has ended at all for the past 3 years. Um.... no. No, it has not. She plays her last season of Academy this Spring and then moves on to Select. Yeah, I wasn't sure what that meant either until recently. Seems like I'm always whipping out my checkbook these days for her. (sigh)

Apparently it's worth it though...














(Her team got 2nd place in a tourney this year, and hope to go two seasons as reigning champs in indoor)




Little Love is now 8.

















8 is still a "mama's girl"....with a small sprouting of wings. :)  Little Love is coming into her own, but protests loudly if I'm too far away. She desperately wants to keep up with her sisters...but snuggles close when Little Dude has vacated his rightful spot. It's a transition year for 8.

Little Love's latest adventure is... soccer!  So now we have two little soccer players in the family. Although, for Love, it's more of a social hour, much to the chagrin of the other parents on the team. Little Love just doesn't "get it" and I sit on the sideline, grinning behind my sweatshirt as she floats around the ball. I find myself in the rare position of being "that parent"...the one with the clueless gal, who is simply thrilled to be there and could care less who wins.  Boy, does God have a sense of humor, or what?





















She sure is cute, though. :)



Then there is Little Dude.


















Little Dude it by far the cutest of them all. Of course. At 2 and 1/2 (I know, can you believe it??) he is talking up a storm. And his words are ADORABLE.  My favorite? FUNSING. As in:
"Mama, I vant funsing ober dere."  And you all know what that means, right? It means I'm up getting him whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He woke up this morning (in our bed... ahem) and immediately asked for chocolate ice cream in a cone. (Ok, I did NOT agree to that one. There ARE limits.)

He also loves riding his trike. It's the indoor/outdoor model. Something my other children never had. :P

Yes, he is hopelessly spoiled. But it's truly not my fault. If I say no, someone else will grant his wish.  He's guaranteed to be tyrant.





















And a pretty cute one, at that.
:)


So, to wrap up my little series (who knew I was writing a series? two posts? series?...Yes, my series on my kiddos. Split between two posts because I can't commit to anything more than 2 posts in a month.)

Here we ALL are:
















Taken this last September...first family photo in 9 years!
(That actually makes me feel better about my blogging hiccups...)

:)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Katie gave little George a cookie the other day. When she gave him a second, I told her to stop. "I'm spoiling him!" she declared. In 10 years, she'll blame me, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I miss Lost - all of my older kids miss Lost too. How one show sparked so much discussion among us is amazing, it still sparks discussion from time to time.
Just stumbled across your blog following links and am happy to know I'm not the only Mom who fails to take family pictures. We took the first one in close to 9 years this past Fall as well. Kids are now flying the nest and I realized it was now or never again (maybe).