Friday, September 30, 2011

Daybook: My Crazy Life

I started this post on Sunday. 

It is now Friday.


What an appropriate title.

:P


I'm listening to~

Little Dude babbling. He says "ba ba ba". Exciting, isn't it? Yes, I'm hopeless when it comes to this kid.


I am wearing...

JEANS. Glorious, LONG JEANS. And a flowy LONG sleeved top. High of 86 today, folks.
FALL IS HERE. (ya'll will have to excuse me, I live in Texas)


I am so grateful for...

Misunderstanding.  Thinking that something is the case when it's not. I think too much. Period.


I'm pondering....

The life of the heart. How to make it grow, how to preserve and protect while it grows. How to take chances that don't wound too much. Sometimes the wounding speeds up the growth, sometimes its detrimental. This goes for all ages, and all stages. It's a tricky balance.


I am reading...

Innocent Blood for book club. Not sure if I will be able to finish. Not because of time, but because of my sensitive soul. :)  In Conversation with God, The Bronze Bow, and It's So You. There's a line up for ya.

:P


I am thinking...

Of soccer and friendships. Of school and friendships. Of life and friendships. Friendships are a very good thing.


I am creating...

New bedrooms. Still ongoing. Everyone is in their proper places, now we just need to tweak it. More storage in one room, utilize what we've got in another... New curtains for all. I have lists for each room and will buy as needed. I hope we will be completely finished by Christmas. If not, sooner?


To live the liturgy...

We need more prayer in this house. In order to do that, I need to be more organized. Homework finished before soccer practices, so that after we can gather for our rosary before showers and bed. I know we can do this. I just need to make it a priority.


Towards a real education...

I loved loved loved this post. You see, I've always been a reluctant homeschooler. I read all the stuff and bought into all the ideals and convinced myself that it was the only way to go, and then threw myself into it and constantly felt like I was totally failing at it. So I would re-double my efforts and still feel like I was a failure. So, we put 3 kids in school this year. 
I'm not convinced it's the ideal choice. In fact, the only thing I'm convinced of is that there really is no ideal choice. We are not in some heavenly utopia here. But we know our kids, and the ones in school need to be there. It's better than them being here all day.
There, I said it.
For them, at this time in their lives, it's better that they are not at home all day. We may change our minds, and I sure do miss them, but for now, this is their real education.
:)
(See? I think too much)


Towards rhythm and beauty...

Ugh. I have two lives now. Homeschooler and drive-the-kids-to-school, schooler. My house reflects the chaos I feel. Poor DH. I have got to figure this out.


I am hoping and praying...

For a beautiful beautiful gal who is so close to my heart. She has been going through a rough time for so very long. God needs to do something, and fast. Praying that His will for her life be made known and all the pieces fall into place quickly. And that we all have peace and joy in the process.


I am learning...

That I need to let go a lot more often and with more grace and trust than I am used to. There is very little I can control. From my own kids to other people's opinion of me and my children... or my house, car, clothing... it's so trivial, and yet to some, it is so essential. I need to step away from that kind of thinking.


Around the house...

The laundry beast is out of control. All the uniforms for school, P.E. and soccer is just killing me. Yesterday was "free dress" day (thank the Lord... and also? Thank the Lord for uniforms all the other days! Yikes on the fashionista front!) I was able to get the uniform situation under control. Most days I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants... or, pj's, as it were.
:P


From the kitchen...

No idea. Lol. We'll be making banana muffins for sure. Dinner will be meatless, but that's all I know. I stink at the no meat dinner ideas. And my family hates tuna. :(


On my iPod...

Haven't listened in ages. Really.
But I am looking forward to this. Because I am a rabid fan. Still.


One of my favorite things...

Hot coffee on a brisk fall morning. It has been way too long...


A few plans for the week...

Weekend soccer games, Homecoming week for the school kids (lots of fun events planned=lots of mommy work... but it's all fun) more bedroom work.. organizing and de-cluttering so we can make it all more functional!


A picture thought...














Gratuitous Little Dude photo...


:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love love all of Little Dude's pictures you post! You are doing such a wonderful job handling being a homeschool mom as well as a take-the-kids-to-school-and-pick-them-up...mom. :) I hope you and DH get a night of peace together soon. I'll be seeing you!

Love!
Mares

Sephora said...

"Crisp fall day" at 86 degrees, huh? You enjoy that coffee. :) Love and prayers coming your way. Please figure it all out, so you can tell me what to do when my littles get bigger! Been thinking of you all a lot.