For days...
We'll meet in Montana.
And although I am sure Montana is a beautiful vacation destination... our final stop is Vancouver. Birthplace of DH and home to most of his family. Family that we haven't seen for over 3 years.
And so it begins.
:P
Outside my window~
Scorching sun and fresh-cut grass. Temps in the 100's this week. We're leaving none too soon.
I am listening to~
The "big" girls eat breakfast. In between bites, they are chatting with Little Dude. He is munching on a bagel.
I am wearing~
White capris, long raspberry-colored tank. White flip-flop crocs. Hair in a messy bun.
I am so grateful for~
Long naps for Little Dude.
I am pondering~
Every woman needs a tribe. Hang on to those you select for your tribe because you will need them as you age. And they will need you. As we move closer to the "golden years" we begin to realize that the gold part isn't so shiny. Middle age is tough, between caring for adult children and aging parents. If we have a tribe that's seen our kids recover from chicken pox, graduate from high school, and even get married, they'll be with us by the time we need to research options for a parent we adore and who has dementia, too. They- the two or three who have loved us forever- will buoy us through those difficult middle years.
I know I'm not *quite* middle age yet.... but I'll turn 40 in less than a year from now. And I'm realizing this truth so very acutely these days. I need to hold my dear friends close.... both far and near. I am blessed by them, by knowing them, and them truly *knowing* me. I am so blessed.
I am reading~
The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers. :)
I am thinking~
That being charitable is much better than being right.
Always.
In every single circumstance.
Justice should never trump love.
(And since publishing I have had *ample* opportunities to put this into practice. lordhavemercy)
I am creating~
A absolutely foolproof packing system. Complete with overnight bags and carry-ons. I will NOT fail these hurdles! (laughing uproariously)
On my iPod~
Erm. Action Man has an iTouch. He earned the money to buy it. Saved his little heart out.
I disabled a TON of things on it. Youtube was the first to go. (what a great Grinchy trick...) We are chatting and regulating like nobody's business. And he has been so good about it.
Towards a real education~
Researching all things Canadian. Specifically, the customs/border patrol stuff. We're pretty sure Little Dude doesn't need a passport since we are driving through the border. I even called the automaton lady who assured me.
(sigh)
Here's hoping!
Towards rhythm and beauty~
My new decorating scheme? Suitcases! In all shapes and sizes. Looks lovely on any floor. Plus, it has the added benefit of being movable, like up and down the staircases a billion times... just because. (ask Little Boo) and? You can pick up and leave at a moments notice!
(plus, it contains certain trouble makers quite nicely.)
:P
To live the liturgy~
Confession. I am clearly losing my mind.
I am hoping and praying~
For safe travel. By plane and car. For calm tempers and tranquil weather. For happy kids and peaceful parents. And most of all... for a healthy no-sickness 3 weeks!!
In the garden~
No veggies anymore. Just trying to keep the grass green and the begonias alive. So hot and dry. Hot and dry. Hot and dry....
Around the house~
Piles of clothes... all clean, waiting to be packed up. Lists and lists. Ugh.
From the kitchen~
Just eating up what we have. Pork chops and spaghetti, anyone?
One of my favorite things~
Snuggles in the morning. Nursing Little Dude in bed flanked by the two little girls. All sleepiness. :)
A few plans for the week~
Seriously? :P
A picture thought I am sharing~
Cutie-pie crocs and chunky legs. Love. it.
:)


4 comments:
Yay! Come relax in some snow! :)
"That being charitable is much better than being right.
Always.
In every single circumstance.
Justice should never trump love."
So much what I am thinking. Thank you, sweet lady. Prayers for your trip and safe return.
My foolproof packing involves a ziploc bag for each outfit: undies, shirt, shorts for each day for each. You can sit on them and squeeze all the air out for max space. But I get rather anal when packing. ;-)
Godspeed for safe journeys! And, I'm with Barb: Love what you're thinking! (Love those sweet little feet in the cute little crocs!)
(And since publishing I have had *ample* opportunities to put this into practice. lordhavemercy
Isn't that the way it always works!!
The picture is yummy. I'm a sucker for chubby baby legs.
Post a Comment