I needed to find a pair of maternity jeans.
Yes, I know it's a zillion degrees here these days. But I miss my funky jeans. I used to wear them all. the. time. Especially in the evenings if DH and I are going out, or if I'm heading to bookclub... they were so versatile, I could really pair them up with anything and head out the door.
I miss them terribly.
I've been to Motherhood, and have been sorely disappointed. Not only were the jeans way overpriced, but they were too short. And definitely lacking in the funky department. Why is it that fashion designers think that pregnant women can't wear flared jeans? I prefer the looser bottoms, and the dragging hemlines. I'm tall, so it has to be just the right length in order for me to pull it off.
Today, I made the drive up to Kohls (only 20 min, but still... my time is precious!) and was so mad I couldn't see straight. Apparently, the buyers there think that pregnant women want to wear gray t-shirts and dark jeans for nine months straight. And guess what? Maybe stocking the exact. same. jeans. as Motherhood and hiking the price up by $12 would be a fantabulous idea!
ERGH.
And the tops. Oy the tops. I can't stand it. Either I'm supposed to look like I stepped out of a Victorian painting, or the local high school. There is no middle ground. Where did all of the form flattering empire-waist shirts go? And why are the shirt-sleeves hitting me at the elbow? It's 98 degrees!
I thought I learned my lesson with Little Dear, that I truly do need to buy maternity clothes when I'm pregnant. They simply fit better. But this time around, I am perusing the misses' aisles and selecting the longer shirts, the pleated-front tanks, and buying them a size larger than normal. As my body changes, I find the selection dwindling. And it's frustrating.
A good friend told me that Gap maternity jeans were probably what I was looking for. She loved hers, and said that one pair goes a long way. Guess I'll be making another shopping trip.
Not that I mind, really.
:P
9 comments:
All I did with my last child (ds8) was wear larger sizes. I couldn't stand any of the maternity clothes, plus I wanted clothes I could wear after delivery. I was lucky and found some jeans at Target that had a drawstring waist. Worked perfectly!
I was going to mention GAP (for jeans) too. Even if they are a little spendy, having something that fits and makes you feel *funky* is important.
I have to be honest, that I have not looked at maternity clothes in a while, but what about OLD NAVY or TARGET????
Ooooh. I heard of this band you can wear with your old, funky, jeans! From what I understand, it keeps your jeans up while unbuckled...the band keeps them in place. Now I never wore them...haven't been pregnant since it has come out. Many mommies in our homeschool group rave about it. I do not know the name but I know that Target sells it. Hey...worth a shot if you can get back into your funky jeans! Best of luck!
Patty~
That thought crossed my mind as I wrote this post. Didn't I see some sort of band thingy at Target...???
Duh
I should have checked it out!
Next time I will....
:P
And Elaine~ Old Navy is *loving* the "under belly" fit... which I hate. Always makes me feel like a plumber. Not very attractive, to be hiking up your jeans all the time... :P
Yes, Paula.. I have been thinking of the "after-wear" (and nursing!!) aspect too!
I could not stand the under belly look either. Towards the end of all my pregnancies my pants/shorts all hung low and that low was really, REALLY low. I don't even have a long torso. I would feel bad for those who couldn't find tops long enough.
Oh, Megan, I'm in the same boat. I'm pregnant with twins right now and I'm way bigger than I normally am at this point in my pregnancy. Every time I go to Motherhood, I walk out without purchasing anything. I've bought a couple of t-shirts at Kohl's, but I'm so disappointed. I'm short and everything always seems completely out of style. It's such a bummer. Right now, I'm operating on 4 t-shirts and 2 pairs of capris. Wtih such a small wardrobe, I tend to wear out my maternity clothes. I feel your pain!
I used the bella band from Target with my last pregnancy. It worked great to wear the clothes I liked rather far into my pregnancy.
Bella Band is what you want! I got one to use this last pregnancy and was able to wear my regular jeans for almost the entire pregnancy. They might be a little stretched out now, but so am I. :) I have found my tastes in clothes have changed from my first pregnancy to my sixth and I bought a few new things with this last pregnancy because it made me feel good about myself. And we all know that is important to a momma!
Just bought one at Target today! I will be trying it out soon...
So COOL the stuff they have these days.
:)
Post a Comment