A huge commotion.
Lots of yelling and screaming.
BIG TIME RIVALRY.
It was team Canada vs. team USA in.... HOCKEY!

Knowing that such a momentous occasion could only occur once every 4 years, I had to call out the big guns to get some cool ideas.
I e-mailed Charlotte.
:)
She e-mailed me right back with some awesome ideas and links to many websites.
We made our own miniature hockey sticks.
We decorated those cheesy foam hats in our favorite team colors.
And we decorated these:

Notice the multiples of #87.... needed extras of the beloved Sidney Crosby!
(yes, they are maple leaves.... can't you tell? ;P)
And these...

#17 is Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks. Sports Fan was thrilled that he was in the Olympics, but not thrilled that he was playing for the US.
Yes, all of my kiddos were cheering for Team Canada.

And so I would not be the lone victor when Team USA routed them...
:D
I called in some reinforcements. There is only one other family in our huge community that is as hockey rabid as we are. And they are true southern patriots. Their 5 kids really got into the game, much to our surprise. What a commotion every time someone scored!
When all was said and done, Team USA won. Which just goes to show you that indeed, the good guys always always win.
:)
10 comments:
Looks like a great party! We were also watching, but cheering for USA. And after 50 years, we finally won!! We love hockey, and yes, I was alive and watching the "miracle" 30 years ago!
LOL - Love it!
Those hockey stick cookies turned out fabulous!!! Good job, mama!
What fun you guys must of had. We were thinking of you as we watched the final minutes of the game. That's about as much hockey as I can stand. I even told Sean that I bet we could hear the disappointment at your house from here!
How fun! Love the cookie idea.
Paula, many references to this victory being the "new Miracle"... I dunno, seems a bit much.
:P
Charlotte, your ideas were awesome! And while I used a cookie cutter for the maple leaves, I actually hand cut the sticks! Wow, eh? :) The kids took the defeat well. They couldn't be too disappointed with all the festivities to go along with it!
Elaine, L2L Mom, it was very fun. And not too difficult to pull off! Which is saying something given my abilities (or lack thereof...)
:P
Isn't Charlotte awesome?! She should really go into business, though that would mean the rest of us would go broke. :)
Love to all my favorite Texans!
Sooo glad my dad and I weren't the only "traitors" around here! WE are rooting for Sid hard core. :)
WoW!!! What fun! Sorry your Canadians lost, but they will get another chance, I would think...Dad and I were thinking of your boys as we watched the highlights....BUT looks like you had a great time making all sorts of delicious treats! LOVE the two flags on your from porch!!! :)
Hey, you need to check out Saturday and the slalom. My sister's son Nolan Kasper will be skiing. He is just 20 (youngest alpine skiier). 10am PST and 1:45PST (1st and 2nd run).
Can you recommend an activity to get my family "into the spirit of the games" ? ... (not that they aren't extremely pumped already)
Elaine... how cool! I'll have to check my kids' insane sports schedules and see if we are going to be home during those times!
Activities? Ask Charlotte. Like Margaret said, she truly is awesomely creative.
:)
Post a Comment