Monday, February 01, 2010

Daybook: Monday Evening

Outside my window...

Dusk. Bitterly cold for us Southerners. I know I shouldn't complain, but cold weather makes me feel scrunched up somehow. Like an Ebenezer Scrooge huddled in my sweaters.



I am listening to...

My two littlest play in the homeschool room. The older three are scratching out a composition for their "teacher." Lots to say about this situation, but not a lot of extra charity in which to give it a fair shot right now. Suffice it to say, we have a lot of decisions to make for next year.



I am wearing...

Levi's, crocs and a warm fuzzy sweater. The sweater I picked up for $1 at the thrift store last fall. It's funky-patterned, hooded, and sits right at my waist. I love that the sleeves reach past my wrists... something that rarely happens when you are blessed with ape-like long limbs.



I am thankful for...

Wonderful friends. I think I've used up all of my shoulder-crying allotment these past weekend!



I am pondering...

The education of little ones.



I am reading...

Edge of Sadness and In Conversation with God.



From the kitchen...

Oven fried chicken, dill potatoes and broccoli.



I am thinking...

That in order to survive the next 4 months, my daily schedule will have to be pretty darn near perfect. No burn out or sickness allowed. And then God chuckled... :P I guess the best I can hope for is that we grow in virtue as we stumble along this homeschooling path together.



I am creating...

A 4 month scope and sequence.



On my iPod...

What iPod? The kids have absconded it, and I never listen to it anymore... :P



Towards a real education...

ARGH! Sorry... but it's all we've been talking about, and I'm worn out.



Towards rhythm and beauty...

I'll be re-vamping the homeschool room. More on that later...



To live the liturgy...

Readings from In Conversation with God have translated into timely lessons for the older ones. I'm trying not to be too preachy. We all have things to work on, and being with my children all day affords me the privilege of realizing just how broken I am, and how much grace I need to bring these souls back to Him. It's humbling.



I am hoping and praying...

That we've made the right decision, and that everyone involved will be at peace with it.



In the garden...

I had been thinking of bulbs, but that order is on hold for now. Maybe I'll have time to research it more this weekend.



Around the house...

We are hunkering down and attempting to focus. It will be an adjustment. But hopefully everyone (including your truly!) will rise to the occasion and shine. Lots of re-organizing and tweaking of schedules. I hope my brain doesn't explode.
:)



On keeping home...

Priorities! Sometimes we have to say "good enough" and go do Math. That's what we homeschooling moms do.



One of my favorite things...

Writing lists. Sometimes I feel like it's half the battle just to get it down on paper.



A few plans for the rest of the week...

A LOST premier party at a friend's home tomorrow! (anyone else as addicted to that crazy show as I am??) Scouts, sports, gym classes and mass. This is just a foretaste of what's to come when spring sports season hits!



A picture thought I am sharing...

I'm going all retro on this one. Guess who this is?

















My darling Little Boo. Hard to believe she was so little once!


:)

2 comments:

momto5minnies said...

I'll say a little prayer that you have peace in your decision ... whatever that may be.

Tonight I am spent. A certain 4th grader forgot a science textbook and suddenly had a study guide to fill out for a test tomorrow. We just spent way too much time searching for answers in our homeschool bookshelf or on the computer. We did it and hopefully it is "good enough".

Raising up little ones can be exhausting ... (((SIGH)))

Barbara said...

Hang in there. Don't forget your prayer time -- even a "God, help me" will get you there.