Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My Heart's At Home Daybook... Long Weekend Edition

I realize I'm a day late on this. But I am "in between" writing assignments and want to work on something creative and fun. Easy, light and refreshing... with some recent pictures thrown in.

:)

Outside my window...

Hot and sticky... still. Summer lasts forever here. I love the sun and the warmth, but wish the humidity would go. away.


I am listening to...

The quiet. Little Love and Little Boo are at their Montessori school this morning. Today is their first "full" morning. They have a beautiful, gentle, inspiring teacher. And many many friends. It's such a blessing for them.
















To live the liturgy...

I'm hoping to get to adoration this week.

To be fit and happy...

I'm running! Every other day, for the past 2 weeks I've dragged my sorry arse around our neighborhood, coaxing a half-way decent workout from my old tired lungs. My motivation? Washing my hair. Yup, I'm easy that way. I've decided that I will wash my hair only if I've had my run. Since my hair is insanely long (for me, anyway) it's a motivation that works. I still do my morning stretches and back exercises. So far so good.

I'm thankful for...

My IRL friendships and my family. They all keep me grounded, and remind me what is important. There are so many needs right here, right now. There is so much nurturing to be done... it can be overwhelming. Lots of prayers, listening, cooking and just be-ing.

















I am pondering...

How much is too much? This applies to everything if you think about it. More on this another time.

From the kitchen...

Chicken parmesan and home made bread. I'm whipping myself into shape with menu planning. No slacking allowed.

I am wearing...

Low-rise jean shorts, white tank, orange crocs, and pony tail. I feel young and active. Even while nursing an 11 yr old with the stomach bug... :)
















I am creating...

A peace-filled household. Ironically, I've decided that toeing a hard line and keeping standards high will eliminate a lot of the undesirable behavior that has cropped up this summer. So initially our household will be a bit of a high stress situation for me. But the long term effect is worth the effort.

On my ipod...

New stuff, specifically him and him. Nice and mellow. Not my running music... obviously. :)


Towards a real education...

Making the best of our curriculum. Adding living history and read a louds, trying to talk talk talk about what we are learning.
















I am thinking...

One day at a time.. one step at a time. God has His plans, I just need to follow. Slowly and deliberately.


In the garden...

The tomato plants are gone, done their duty for the summer. I'm waiting to chat with my neighbor about plans for the fall. My "who-be-jigs" out front are wilting, and I need to re-plant before our crazy company-filled October begins.


Around the house...

Construction. Master bath and bedroom will be redone and redecorated. All the plans are in my head, much to my husband's chagrin. :) He's awesomely handy and very patient. We're a great team.




















I am reading...

Nothing. (kind of nice... I admit) But my book club starts up next week. Have to get on the ball!


I am hoping and praying...

Lots going on in my extended family and my friends' lives. It weighs on the heart and mind.


On keeping home...

I always answer this under "I am creating" ... funny, isn't it? My home is my masterpiece, I guess. And I suppose that's how it should be.

















One of my favorite things...

A healthy meal. Since my return to fitness, I've been more conscious of good food choices. Lots of salads mean more in my repertoire... more ingredients, new dressings, etc. It's been fun for me, and the kids have responded well.


A few plans for the rest of the week...

Maintaining consistency. That's it. That's my goal. I need to start small and keep a firm hold on things. Blossoms come from pruning, right?


:)

3 comments:

momto5minnies said...

It ALL sounds lovely. WTGo on the running bit. That reminds me that I need to do some updates with my playlists ;)

Sephora said...

Ditto on the way-to-go with running! I finally got out for a short run with the dog yesterday--scooted out the door as soon as the baby fell asleep. I was gone less than 30 minutes, but returned home exhausted and soaked with out-of-shape perspiration.... Greeted by my dear MIL trying to console the inconsolable Mr. T. Very hard for me to find motivation, here; maybe mine should be not just "hair-wash," but full-on "shower!"

Anonymous said...

love the background! pruning a little bit at a time here. When do we get to go out again?
L.