Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Progress

Back here I wrote about my woes with gardening.

DH has gallantly taken over and, with no surprise to me, exceeded even his own expectations.









































We are hoping and praying (and sufficiently drenching) that these come to their full potential as huge, red, mouth-watering home grown tomatoes.

Any tips?

:)

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Miracle Gro once a week. With that Texas heat you should have no trouble getting them red!

momto5minnies said...

YAY! Hope your garden is plentiful. WE just got our planters going, but I don't foresee any produce for a little bit.

Katherine said...

Don't go overboard on the fertilize and water. That produces lots of lush foliage, but little fruit. Also, tomatoes can stand a little stress and neglect. Actually our tomato plants from volunteer seedlings that grew in unplanned places and were somewhat neglected have given us the best fruit.

nutmeg said...

Katherine, you have no idea how much I love this advice! I wonder, though, if my DH will buy it.
;P

Katherine said...

Tell him I went to college with his two older siblings and would never steer him wrong. Texas is a long way from Canada, eh?

Sephora said...

Awesome, Meg! My mouth is watering. They look so exciting. Can you box some of them when they ripen and pack them with you in the car in August? :)