Yes, even home schoolers. It's May, and there are eighty-zillion projects to wind up, four trillion assignments to go, (well, it feels like it anyway!) and one burnt out Mama who would rather sit outside and read while her kids play "Hulk- SMASH" with the outdoor playhouse.
Truly, this is me today.
Action Man has his make-up state test tomorrow morning, and diagnostic testing in the afternoon... All of the kids have end-of-the-year testing this week, glorious novel reading for Literature (I love those units) and I have tons and tons of prep work for Little Dear's First Communion Saturday and humongous party on Sunday.
Then, when school ends June 2nd... I have to literally pack up the school room and ship the books back before packing my kids off to camp for the week.
I think I need a Margarita.
:)
I love the fact that summer is almost here. I love the slower pace, the sleepy mornings, the trips to the lake and the pool, the gatherings with friends. I love the trips north, the different landscapes, the varied schedules, the late nights of bonfires and s'mores.
I love summer.
It's the getting there, the pushing through these last two weeks that just might send me over the edge.
:)
1 comment:
I am making my first visit to your fair state this summer--I am very excited! I'm visiting my cousin, her adorable baby and fantastic husband in Houston.
Any tips for TX in July? (other than yeah, I'm nuts to come in July?)
Post a Comment