Guess what mine is.
Yep, I'm the I-hate-unpacking-where-the-h*ll-does-this-go-get-this-over-with type.
And so, my kitchen is almost entirely unpacked. The fact that it is my favorite room in the house has nothing to do with it, of course.
:)
In all of this unpacking, you realize what you don't have.
You know, THAT BOX.
The one with the toaster, the tea kettle, the ladle, our laundry baskets, and all the couch pillows.
The one with that certain set of screws for that bed, and the drill to assemble it, and oh-yeah, Action Man's Little League photos.... right.
In fact, whenever ANYTHING cannot be found, and is absolutely needed right away? I assure my DH that it must be in.... that box.
The step ladder? In that box.
The rug for our bedroom? In that box.
The hobby horses? THAT BOX.
All I know is that box must be truly gargantuan, and not so easily overlooked.
Hmmmmm.
In short, we're missing a box. And since I went out and bought a toaster today, I have high hopes of finding that box tomorrow.
:)
4 comments:
As a survivor of multiple military moves, I know exactly what you are talking about. When we moved from Moody AFB in Georgia to Edwards AFB in California the movers unloaded and plugged in my refrigerator. When I opened the refrigerator door I was shocked to find there were no shelves or drawers. The packers had put all my refrigerator innards in "that box". We searched and searched through every box marked "kitchen". Finally, I discovered a box labeled "frag parts". Inside were all my refrigerator shelves and drawers. It made sense when I remembered that our packers called this appliance the "fra-jer-ator".
LOL! My sympathy! Truly! We moved in November and still have not found the top of the blender, because it's in that mysterious missing box!
I feel for you. Hope you discover the magic "box" soon.
I know if it were me I would probably be opening up EVERY box there could be (which may be close to 1000 with my brood). Opening up all those boxes forces you to put away MORE things.
Sleep is overrated ... huh!
WELCOME HOME!
I hope you find that box soon!
Post a Comment