CAUTION:
NARROW ROAD
BLIND CURVES AHEAD
Also keep in mind that said curves are snow covered, and the beast I am driving is not snow savvy in any way, shape or form.
So, what's a gal to do, after a 13-hour grueling drive? (well, DH drove most of it, except the very last hour or so...)
Step on the gas, and pray that the van doesn't bounce off the side of the mountain and over the cliff.
Of course.
And after a side-of-the-mountain rescue, compliments of my Dad and my brother.... (sorry, no dramatic story... we just decided that one lucky turn was pushing things far enough and asked them to drive down to retrieve wife and kids and help hubby with chains) DH is off to purchase the very last pair of blizzaks snow tires in the whole state for our sorry southern van. Just in time, too, since it seems my children's pleas for snow have not fallen on deaf ears.
It's in the forecast for tomorrow.
Seems we may have a white Christmas after all.
For me, personally? I can't wait to blow by all those natives on the pass!
Yeeee-haw!
:)
2 comments:
WE had to ask for help with "chains" when I visted my sister in Vermont one year. I understand how scary that can be.
ENJOY your snow and skiing!
God bless you on the passes! And welcome to Colorado! Hope your visit is warm and happy!
Post a Comment