Sunday, June 10, 2007

Speaking of Fashion...

Here's the latest, straight from the runway of the Nut-House, bastion of the latest trends...















"Le Hairclip" is just NOT supposed to be worn to hold back one's hair. How utterly gauche. Beware the well-intentioned stranger, who is just not hip enough to understand this new trend. He or she will be instantly educated by the protestations and glares of the fashion diva as she repositions the offending clip.















Understand, this type of clip is worn in lieu of having long flowing locks that frame one's face... Thus enabling the poor soul who is deprived of such luxury, the satisfaction of being able to flip something over her shoulder (or across the church pew, as the case may be).

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh as this brought back fond memories from childhood. My sister and I always had our hair kept short as kids - mom's rule - and we so wanted to have long hair. So desperate were we to have "hair" to sling over our shoulders, that we used to play house with bath towels on our heads as if we had long hair.

Needless to say, we both have shoulder length, or longer, hair now as adults.

xxxxxx said...

She is too cute!
My hair wouldn't grow until I was about 7. So I, similar to Grace, wore a sweater over my head and buttoned under my chin as "hair".
How funny little ones are! How blessed are we to have them!