Thursday, January 19, 2006

God's Will in all we do....

Life in a Nutshell
I was just reading this great post about this very topic.

I think one of the hardest parts about being a Mama of 5, is to remember that God's will for me is not just to be married and have children...the end, amen, I'm done.

Now the hard part comes.

I have a responsibility, a duty, to be sure that I follow through on my vocation to the minutest detail...yes, even sorting all the socks! (see the post I linked to)

It's a struggle, and it's daily and sometimes even annoying.....

the demands
the shrieks
the dishes
the laundry

and I just want to have ME time!

But, I know deep down that the most important is my vocation, and in that, my sanctifcation.

And, the most compelling reason of all.....
my children.

How can I not dress them in clean clothes, so that they may play on a clean floor in a clean house?

How can I not cook them healthy meals, and give them yummy treats?

Unfortunately, there are some who can. I have an aquaintance who has a hard time accomplishing these simple tasks. As a result, her home life is chaos. I wish I could fix it for her, but I can't. She has been to doctors thinking she may be depressed or have a thyroid problem, but no. Many times people have come to their rescue and fixed up their house and bought things to help organize....but it falls into disrepair all too soon. I feel for her, and for her 5 kids. I know how tough it can be. And I know it doesn't have to be this tough.

We all have things to work on. Lord knows, I do! It's just hard when you see it, and don't have an easy fix.

:(

No comments: