Thursday, June 23, 2005


Soooo... we finally did it! We've entered the 21st century and bought a (new to us) van!! Rear air, cd player, cloth seats, cruise control, power windows and locks...heavenly! You have to know what we had before to appreciate my excitement. Our old van served us well, but our '92 Ford Aerostar (with 200,000 miles on it) needs to retire. So, Meams, any last thoughts or reminisces for old Bessie before she enters her final resting place? Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Noli said...

Hi, this is Mary Rose. I haven't talked to you since I found out that your sister married my best friend's boyfriend's brother, but i did want to express how very, very odd and small-worldy that is. Erin said you remembered me :) Anyway, she showed me pictures of your beautiful children. I'm glad things are going well for you. God Bless!

Erin said...

I remember driving to work in Bessie, listening to Weezer. I felt very strange about it. I also wanted to see if I *could* actually cook something by leaving it in the car during the afternoon. And I would always slow WAAAAAY down when I turned, because I was POSITIVE that I was going to topple over. I miss that thing.

nutmeg said...

Ahh yes, when the cd player actually worked! As far as "cooking" I think the kids were getting pretty well-done, and hence the new vehicle with the "super duper" rear air conditioning! The kids now say that they "hate" old Bessie....so much for sentimentality.