:P
My post yesterday was NOT supposed to come across as a pity party. I wanted to reflect on the impact others have on us, and how we ourselves affect those we come into contact with.
Quite a few tragedies occured over the weekend~
Two of my friends went through heartbreaking miscarriages this past weekend.
The niece of another college friend died at the tender age of 3 months.
I lost my "aunt" (actually my dad's cousin) yesterday.... she was a sweet, open-hearted soul.
These all were tremendous losses. And the fact that so many people were aching shows our vulnerability, the degree to which we became involved in the stories of their lives. It hurts. A lot. And there comes a tendency to want to block it all out, to decide NOT to become involved, to NOT put ourselves out there.
That post was meant to discourage such thoughts.
:P
So, thank you to all of the wonderful folks who left some very sweet comments. I can always do with some affirmation therapy, I won't deny that! But I am ashamed that I couldn't adequately get my point across. Almost 6 years of blogging, and I can't convey a simple thought.
UGH.
On second thought, keep those sweet comments coming. I'm seriously doubting my writing abilities over here.
:P
3 comments:
I liked it. It reminded me of how much fun it was chatting with you until, what, 2 in the morning, when we met at the Johnson Ranch a few years back. :)
Sorry about all of those losses. They really do stack up heavily sometimes.
Hugs,
ALicia
It seems like your northern friends are missing you, perhaps you had better plan another trip to Thistle Farm. You and Cecilia can plan that during her visit.
- Wid
I too am sorry for those losses surrounding you ... terribly heartbreaking :(
I know you aren't offering up pity party posts. I'm positive most of your readers were not getting that vibe.
Your posts are always thought provoking and certainly deep, but I enjoy that. Keep at it!
Post a Comment