Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stranger Than-

Asked at the dinner table last night:

Little Boo: Are we just people in a book that someone else is writing?

Little Dear: No. People in a book don't move.


Hmmm.

Anyway. DH and I finally did see Stranger Than Fiction the other night. We're only about 10 years behind the likes of Margaret, and may get to see Wall-E sometime before the first decade of the third millenium is over.

Maybe.

We loved STF. I usually despise anything that Will Ferrell stars in, having barely tolerated Talladega Nights. And only because I love my DH deeply. Besides, he didn't like it that much anyway. But this movie had something the other Will Ferrell movies didn't have, like a real plot with a real hero.

So, if you're even further behind the times than I am (like, maybe in the Paleozoic Era) and you haven't seen it, I highly recommend Stranger Than Fiction. Or how about Sleepless in Seattle (another all-time fav) if you really are that out of touch... like us.

:)

4 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

STF was awesome! I had to keep reminding myself that it was Will Ferrell I was watching. Same thing happened with The Truman Show.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Well, if you're way behind me in all things cinematic, at least you can take comfort in knowing that you far surpass me in style and class! :)

Michelle said...

My husband got that watch - I call it the Harold Crick watch.

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus in the Manger, please direct Will Ferrell's talents to movies a bit more wholesome.

nutmeg said...

Michelle, you crack me up.

:)