I know I said I would post "the next day" about the book club schedule... but, life got away from me. More details on the latest distractions in my life later. Like, next month when I get around to it.
:)
OK, lots of great suggestions for the next book, so here goes.
First of all, the date. I propose we wait until mid-January. This may seem extreme, but holidays are always crazy, and this year promises to be a doozy for me, with a huge house move thrown into the mix.
Since we will have about two months to read, we have the freedom to choose whatever book we want. If we have to buy it, just throw it into your cart at Amazon while buying your other gifts. Don't worry, if you close your eyes when pressing the "place order" button, your husband won't see it, promise.
:)
Here are our choices:
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
A Memory for Wonders by Veronica Namoyo Le Goulard (is this the right one, Anon?)
The Edge of Sadness by Edwin O'Connor
In This House of Brede by Rumer Godden
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
The Secret Cardinal by Tom Grace
Both Emily and Mom of Boys offered to host. (Erin, you have a big move ahead of you, so I thought you'd want to wait...)
So, lets have at it. Emily and Mom of boys, you guys take January and February and pick a book. (doesn't have to be on the above list) Everyone else, feel free to pick a later month and do the same. I'd like to have at least 4-5 months hammered out.
Oh, and invite your friends, the more the merrier!
:)
7 comments:
Oh, I'll take March. And I guess The Poisonwood Bible, since I suggested it. (Although Kristin Lavransdatter is a GREAT idea.)
I can take January. Let's do In This House of Brede, since we'll have two months to read it and it's sort of long.
I'll do February, and I would love to do "The Christmas Box", even if it will be a month late! My mom has been trying to get me to read that one for a year now!
It's never too late for "The Christmas Box". :)
Has everyone already read A Thousand Splendid Suns? It's on my list of books to read and I'll take April with that book if it works for everyone.
I haven't read that yet, I've been wanting to, but I was holding out for the paperback. :) But it's still 40% off at B&N and Christmas is coming! I'd be up for that.
Oh, and a link to Amazon's page for In This House of Brede is up on my website--http://bucketofparts.blogspot.com
I will check January dates and have a discussion date up ASAP.
Post a Comment