Life in a Nutshell
Sorry for the silence this past week. Things have been a bit rough.
This is going to be a weird post, be forewarned.
I never realized the importance of one's hormones until mine started going haywire. It turns out,(through NFP observations and subsequent blood work) I have a lower-than-normal progesterone count.....the hormone that promotes calm, a feeling of well-being, mental clarity, emotional stability.......
Now take that all away, and I'm left with feelings of loneliness, emotional instability, haziness of the brain, avoidance of friends and phone calls.....etc. Me, who is so social, and loves phone calls from out-of-state friends, has been checking the caller id and letting voice mail pick up, unless it's my doctor or my mother!
The scientist/behavioralist in me is fascinated by the impact my hormones can have on me. I have a friend who is on hormone replacement therapy, and she said that when her doses aren't exactly right, she is a blubbering mess.
Yup, that's me.
I have a real respect and heartache for those people with more serious imbalances, be it chemical or hormonal....I have never felt so completely at the mercy of my mood. It's so foreign to me.
Hopefully, this time tomorrow, DH will have stuck a needle into my thigh and administered my first dose of normalcy....and I will read this post and wonder what the heck I was talking about.
Probably like most of y'all.....but I thought I would share anyway.
2 comments:
I empathize with you! I went completely haywire for a few months after baby #5--it was a very sad and scary time in my life.
Hormones are frighteningly powerful things that can change your entire perception of who you are and what you are doing.
Good for you for recognizing that something wasn't right and doing something about it.
I will pray that you return to your balanced self soon!
I will pray that all returns to normal soon. I'm so glad you were able to pinpoint it!
Post a Comment