Thursday, September 22, 2005

Mae-love

DD#3 turns 1 today! Our youngest lill'un, Mae, (named after my grandma) is already a year old! Wow. Time sure does fly!

I wish I could post a picture...sorry Grandparents and godparents and aunties and whomever else cares... :) She is such a cutie! She walks around all the time now, preferring it to crawling. She loves being around her older sisters (although sometimes the feeling is not mutual) and she loves being outside! I especially love it when she "talks".... she makes the funniest sounds, trying out all the consonants she can manage with wierd sounding vowels intermixed. Hilarious.

And so my baby is 1..... and so now I must try to get my life back in order! No more "baby" excuses.

"Oh, I have to feed the baby..."

"Oh, the baby is crying...."

"Oh, the baby needs her nap now....zzzzzz"

"I had a rough night with the baby...."

Ahhh, one of the perks of Motherhood. That early morning nursing snuggle in bed with the baby, letting DH shoo the other rough-and-tumbles out to the breakfast table and get them started on their day. Now it's me, sneaking around in the morning making pancakes, or shushing the little one with a bottle....

And so the ebb and flow of the home continues...another cycle completed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Aw. Happy birthday to the baby! And to the mommy! It's just as much a milestone for her as for you! (I'm having dinner at matt's g-parents, and they say best wishes too!!)

Sephora said...

Happy birthday, Mae Love! I cannot believe she's walking!! And "talking?" Yes, a Dallas trip is a must this year...