Monday, May 30, 2005

New to the world!

Hi everyone! Just set up my blog today, wherein I will wax poetic on the happenings of my "nutty" life with my 5 little peanuts and amazing hubby. Lots of goings-ons in the nut house, which will all be carefully documented, with many pics included, I'm sure.

So, where did the title come from? My favorite band, Barenaked Ladies, of course!! And the URL? Same place! The Song, "Life in a Nutshell" is very upbeat, and the line "Last thing on my mind" comes from the song "Tonight is the night I fell asleep at the wheel. " Steve first sings that line in the beginning of the song, as in "I wasn't thinking about you" (You're the last thing on my mind) and then after the accident, where he falls asleep at the wheel, he belts out "You're the last thing on my mind" as in, literally, b/c the guy is dying. And then he does this huge operatic "AHHHH" . Amazing. I just love that band.

Anyhoo. That's all for now. I will be posting some pics (once I figure out how) of the newest "big girl bed" in our lives.

Love to all.

4 comments:

Erin said...

HAHA! Welcome to the new world! (I actually thought that you're blog name referred to what you said to me when I suggested that you start a blog: "Yeah, becuase I have nothing better to do with my time!" So, your blog is "the last thing" on your mind when Mae is hungry Bethie is shrieking and Gemma is drawing on Ben with your eyeliner and noah is "helping" make dinner by making a cake in the bathtub and Ethan is being the cop. No, I never lived with you and have no idea what it's like.

But yay! You are here!

Sephora said...

Unbelievable that you've already figured out how to post "links" along the side of your page. I still haven't figured that one out. I look forward to the peanut updates! Woo-hoo and welcome to the blog-o-sphere. (Now it's your turn to start one, Ma...).

nutmeg said...

Haha Portia! Yes, the name was the original intent, since this blog may well be the last thing on my mind (for the reasons you stated...and many more!) yet, when I finally get around to posting, it will be about the most important things (my fam!) So, the dual reason...quite clever, eh?

Sephora, I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "links", it took Andrew and I an hour to get a picture in my profile!!

That's right, Mom, it's your turn!!
Love you all.

Erin said...

Seph, I think what you thought were purposeful links are what blogger puts up by default these days. This is a new development for them.